The question will immediately arise as to what kind of information are you comfortable gathering on 17Hats. You can use a file upload, to capture the client’s tax returns, and bank statements, or you can link them to a source you trust with this sort of information such as ShareFile.
You can use your questionnaire to gather the following types of information:
- Short answer (text)
- Long answer (text)
- Yes/No questions
- Choose from a list
- Date (eg date of incorporation for your business)
- Related Contact (you can gather info about other contacts, such as dependents).
Note that there is not a file upload option here. You will want the client to upload tax returns and bank statements through something like ShareFile. In the video I’ll show you how to set this up, and then include the ShareFile link for the client, in the 17Hats e-mail that goes out with the Questionnaire.
It’s a good idea to list the information you want from a new client. It might look something like this (then you can build your questionnaire from this):
- Company Name
- Legal Name
- Street Address
- Business Phone
- Mobile Phone
Note you may already have all of this, if the client came in originally as a lead in 17hats
- Entity Type (Drop down or check boxes)
- Sole Proprietor
- Date of formation (Date)
- Last Tax Return Filed (Date)
- Tax ID (some of you may not feel comfortable getting this in 17Hats. Of course you can get it from their tax returns, via file upload).
- Accounting Software Used
- Payroll? (Y or N)
- Sales Tax? (Y or N)
- Describe your business (long text)
- Short Term Goals
- Long Term Goals
The above list is pretty comprehensive. You can use this to get ideas, and the create your own based on what you need from your own clients.